Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Love Rug




This quilt has been my craft project for the last couple of months - I bought all the fabrics for it in Perth - I had a lovely time buying some on the internet, and some from Calico & Ivy in Mosman Park, and Hot Possum in Wembley - I would recommend both of them to anyone who likes a bit of sewing - they have loads of funky fabrics, which I could personally spend a fortune on. I know its not everybody's thing - but I love it!

So I machine sewed the main squares and then handsewed all the quilting and part of the border, which took me FOREVER! But I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and its very comfortable and a perfect summer weight quilt for Konongo. Warren nicknamed it "The Love Rug" for all the many hours of time and love that went into it - not for any other reason!

No comments: