Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Lovely Day in Bristol



Yesterday we spent the day in Bristol with my friend Katie and her boyfriend Dave. We went for a great pub lunch in a small village called Chew Magna (strange name, but nice village and pub), where I had slow-cooked lamb which was tender and delicious.

After a long lunch we went a bit further out into the countryside to the town of Cheddar - where cheddar cheese comes from of course! Who would have thought!? Warren and I were so excited about the town of Cheddar - what a novelty! We tasted cheese and bought some to take home (which I'm embarressed to admit we've already finished!) After all that food and cheese, we thought we'd go for a big walk to work it all off - up to the top of the gorge and down the other side - it was lovely to get out and get some fresh country air in the lungs.

Katie and Dave are both very easy-going and good humoured so we had lots of laughs - all in all a really nice day out. Oh, and I discovered that Dave is a bit of a fan of "The Princess Bride" - my all-time favourite movie ("My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father - prepare to die!"), and he gave me his copy of the book! Yay!!!! I was so stoked - he'll be in my good books (pardon the pun) for a good while now. Thank you Dave! And thank you Katie for looking after us all day. We went home tired but very content.

No comments: