Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How nice - to not feel tired!

I had a sudden realisation the other day - I don't feel tired! I think when I was in Perth I was always busy -working hard, rushing from one place to the next, trying to fit in far too much. And I felt chronically tired! I was always trying to pep myself up with coffee or chocolate or sweet food of some kind. And if I had the chance to lie down for 20 minutes - I would be asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. My hands were really tired and sore - the product of 13 years of physio work...

So it's been really nice to have a break, and live life in the slow lane for a while. I'm not sitting idle, but I'm never rushing to fit a million things in either (Ghanaians don't ever rush - things just happen when they happen - which drives you crazy sometimes!). There's not much to do at night so we go to bed quite early (usually by 9pm), and I don't have to get up at 5.30am to go to work!

I haven't felt the need for a daytime sleep at all, and those coffee cravings have all but disappeared. I think there's probably a lesson for us all in that - slow down!!

No comments: