Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Religious Signage in Accra







Way back when I started writing this blog I mentioned the overtly religious street signs in Accra proclaiming "God is Love Hairdressing" or "Christ the King Tyre Service" etc. Well I've finally managed to take some photos of a few signs - trying to be discrete whilst we were driving along so that I didn't offend anyone! So hopefully you can see "Christ Water Supply", "With God Furniture" and "Perseverance Art Printing" (with a very strange picture of a cat with a helmet on?).

I've also added some general photos of Accra so that you get an idea of what it looks like - everything is sold on the side of the road - tyres, lounge suites, clothing, fruit and vegetables - pretty much whatever you want really! Puts a slightly different spin on window shopping.

No comments: