Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Carrying Baby Jacinta - African Style!



Here's an update of my little namesake. She's getting quite chubby now, and is just starting to smile and interact a bit more. She recognises me I think, and seems quite happy to come to me - I sometimes babysit her for an hour or two and bring her to my house for a little play, then take her back home when she gets hungry!

I've learnt to carry her "African Style" - on my back, with a cloth wrapped around her tightly and twisted over at the front. Its quite comfortable actually, although I still need some help getting her in place to start with - its a bit of a balancing act. Sometimes if she's crying I put her on my back and start walking around and within about one minute she falls asleep! I walk to and from her house with her like that, and everyone laughs and cheers for me - "Hey Madam Jessie, you have a beautiful African baby"!!

Hopefully my photos upload OK....

No comments: