Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Days!




Exciting news! Which many of you may have already heard, but this is the first chance I've had to put it on my blog. Warren and I got engaged! This all happened while we were holidaying in the French Alps - one evening we were lounging in our deck chairs out the front of our little cottage on the mountainside watching the sunset, and Warren asked me then. He actually caught me by surprise - I had no idea that he was planning it- and I have to admit that I cried! And almost suffocated him in a bear hug...
So here's a photo of the ring (as requested by a few of the girls). Its one that I had spied in a shop in Subiaco a while ago and told Warren that I like it. This is perhaps an embarressing admission to make, but I have always liked sapphire engagement rings since I saw Princess Diana wearing one when I was six years old!!!! Ha ha - the true romantic in me comes out!
Warren told me that he accidentally threw the ring in the bin earlier in the day - we'd had a lovely day out where we ventured up a big mountain on the cable car, and then had dinner in Chamonix. He had been carrying the ring around in his pocket all day, then accidentally threw it in the bin with an ice cream wrapper! Thankfully he managed to retrieve it, and it was still sparkly and shiny - but much safer on my finger (although its currently too big for my ring finger so I'm wearing it on my middle finger until I can get it adjusted).
We're both very excited about it, and plan to get married somewhere in the Perth or surrounding areas next year sometime - rather vague I know, but its a bit hard to make any kind of decisions while we're here in Ghana. Will keep you posted.....

No comments: