Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm back!!

For those avid followers of my blog - I'm sorry if you've missed my musings over the past six weeks or so ;-) but I've been home in Perth for a bit and it just wouldn't be the same blogging about life in Perth would it?! How can it be Adventures in Ghana in Perth? Although I did have a very nice time in Perth, and also had a few days down south and in Sydney as well (holidays within a holiday.... within a holiday.....) It was very busy though - I had lots of things to do while I was there, including some wedding planning - which took lots of time. So now it feels really quiet here - there's nothing really to do! (Although once I get back into the swing of things there's always something to do - its just not the same scheduled intensity of things as in Australia!).

So what's changed around here while I've been away? Well we now have wireless broadband internet! Yay - my saviour!! Its much faster than my previous MTN stick, although that doesn't always mean that it works! So I may even be able to skype now - will test it out soon.

However in a trade-off of technology our television hasn't been working for three days now - I think that's because they didn't pay the bill for the satellite TV though! So hopefully that will be rectified soon - what does one do at night if you don't have TV!?!

And another new thing - Mercy Mission which is the charity I have been doing some volunteer work with for people with disabilities - has got a new website! Check it out: www.mercymissionghana.org . The website has mostly been organised by Comfort's son Gideon (who works here at the mine also) and most of the photos are ones that I took when we visited the local villages. If anyone does feel the urge to donate to a good cause let me know (no pressure or anything!) - its probably easiest to transfer money to me and I'll pass it along (I promise!).

What else? There are a few more obrunis (white people) here at the mine site at the moment, some contractors involved in getting the plant up and running - so its quite good to have some other people to talk to and hang out with occasionally. Although still no more girls, so there's just me and Helen... I think we might have a curry night this weekend.

And at the moment that's about all the news I've got....

No comments: