Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend in Kumasi




We thought it was time for a little change of scenery - after a few weeks of being in the same house, in the same lounge room, every day..... I think we both start to go a little bit "loopy". So we decided to go to Kumasi, a big town/city about an hours drive from here, and stayed at a nice hotel overnight. We didn't really do very much there, but it was nice to sit in the bar and have a drink, and have someone else cook your dinner for you.

What I enjoyed the most was having a swim in the pool - ah I miss it!! It was very overcast and looking like rain, so no-one else was swimming so I had the pool to myself. Did a few laps of freestyle (although its only about 15m long so not too serious a swim). It was very therapeutic and relaxing.... Although I did manage to get a bit sunburnt - overcast days always trick you don't they?!

No comments: