Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happiest Day of your Life?

A couple of weeks ago, on a Sunday morning, we went to a "Naming Ceremony", which is like a christening, for a little baby who is the son of our gardener Joseph.

Joseph is a lovely man - he's very quietly spoken, but hard working and very sweet. He looks after our garden and also Roger's garden (the project manager). His wife had a baby in early January, and they decided to name him after Roger, so this little boys' name is (two African names which I can't remember)Roger Bannister Junior, and he'll be known as Junior.

The lovely part about this ceremony though, was that Joseph gave a very touching speech, and said that since he has been working for the mining company his life has been very blessed, and that Roger has been so kind to him so he wanted to name his son after him. And then he said that "today was the happiest day of his life" - that we would all come along to support him and his family. He had a tear in his eye....

I thought it was so sweet, and got me thinking "what was the happiest day of my life?"

I thought about it - and I have lots of times which have been very happy - I think I've had a pretty charmed life so far. But I'm not going to answer it in this blog - but maybe you can all think about "what has been the happiest day of your life?"

No comments: