Saturday, March 12, 2011

Japanese Game Shows

I've recently become addicted to watching Japanese game shows on TV - every afternoon at about 5pm one of the channels has a couple of hours of these scheduled. And man those Japs are crazy kids! The contestant are always dressed up in some wacky costume and then have to perform crazy games, usually involving them falling in water or mud (like Wipeout on American/Australian TV).

Our favourite however, is Ninja Warrior, which is a bit more serious. It involves four stages testing balance, co-ordination, speed and strength. And have funny commentators - although all in Japanese, so it's subtitled. They have ladies and men, and the men's course is seriously hard - I'm in awe of their strength. The ladies course - I secretly like to think I could do it!! (perhaps an overinflated sense of my own physical capabilities!!)

We've only ever seen one guy complete the final stage - to be crowned the ultimate "Ninja Warrior" !!!

No comments: